Video Marketing: How One Arizona Florist is Using Video To Promote His Business and His Message: Buy Local!
Ok so watch this guy. His name is Jimmy Davis. He is the owner of Bobbie’s Flower & Gift Shop, a family-owned business since 1949 in Tempe, Arizona. Jimmy is also a video blogger. He is doing IT: getting in Front of camera and making a Video to promote his business and his message to consumers: Buy Local! Way to go Jimmy!
Video Viewing Stats
In August comScore, released data from the comScore Video Metrix showing that last June, 178 million U.S. Internet users watched video content, a solid one million user increase from June 2010. On top of that, the average viewer watched 16.8 hours of video content and the U.S. Internet audience engaged in over 6.8 billion separate video viewings, an all-time high.
Video consumption is trending upward. 48 hours of YouTube content is uploaded every minute and according to a recent Pew report, 71 percent of online users are now accessing video sites like YouTube and Vimeo, compared with 33 percent 4.5 years ago.
With YouTube surpassing Yahoo as the 2nd largest search engine on the Web last year . Google bought YouTube in 2008. Google is #1 search engine. Today it is cheaper and realtively easy to produce video content. Video offers the opportunity for incredible exposure to a huge internet audience. And this audience is constantly growing as eveyone, including The Media Mama, as everyone is joining the NEW NORM!
I picked up the phone, called Jimmy Davis because though he was using video, he was not using keywords and YouTube effectively. I shared some YouTube tips with him to get more visibilty and traffic to his webiste. See Below.
The Media Mama says, “Good job. You are authentic and willing to put yourself on camera. Good information in your own style. People want to know and connect with who they are doing business with… eye to eye. Video is the next best thing to meeting in person Love your dog, Bart and the free gumballs. You are correct everyone should BUY LOCAL.”
Thanks for the opportunity to work with you, Joelle
Remember when you create a video:
1. Check Google Keywords and pick a title with your keywords.
2. Include your url all of it in Jimmy’s case http://www.bobbiesflowers.com
3. Put information in the description so that Google can find you. At this time video cannot be read so you need to be sure to add information with you all your keywords.
4. Use Annotations. It an easy way to title and brand your video.
5. Location is huge. Add it. Another way to be found.
6. Tagwords. Choose keywords that describe your video. ie flowers tempe arizona valentine wedding Do your homework!
7. Check the insights, you can learn how people are finding you, where they are from, age and even how long they watched. etc etc.
8. Brand your video to generate brand awarenss with your potential customers. You can add a small annotation with Bobbies Flowers, Tempe, Arizona through the whole video.
Any questions or comments ??? Please leave a comment below.
If you need help with your video marketing or creating content for the web …gives us a shout at The Media Mama. We are happy to help!
Call us for a free consultation. We want to make your business Rock so that you can create jobs and get everyone working again!