YouTube Launches ‘Marketplace’ to Connect YouTube Stars and Brands
Pairing YouTube Partners With Advertisers and Agencies That Want to Create Viral Buzz
Agencies and marketers looking for the perfect YouTube star to appear in a viral video, your job just got easier.
At a keynote presentation at VidCon today, YouTube vice president of product management, Shishir Mehrotra announced Video Creation Marketplace, a platform that will connect content creators on YouTube with marketers or agencies looking for viral buzz.
Since 2007, YouTube has partnered with producers on the video site to share ad revenue, allowing people to create YouTube content for a living. “We pay out millions of dollars to partners each year,” said Baljeet Singh, group product manager at YouTube. “Thousands of channels are generating six figures a year.”
The idea is to create a more formal revenue stream for the long tail of YouTube creators. YouTube has been very focused on launching and promoting its first 100 “Original Channels,” but its message to VidCon is to the YouTube stalwarts: We’re here for you, too.
- BrainStorm Tech 2011 Aspen, CO
- How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog Using Video
- Video Marketing: How One Arizona Florist is Using Video To Promote His Business and His Message: Buy Local!
- How To Add Video To Your Blog Without Being on Camera
- VooDoo Donuts Portland, Oregon
- There’s No Such Thing as OFF THE RECORD.