YouTube Tips: How To Choose The Right Keywords, Tags & Titles
YouTube Tip: Keyword & Tags
Hello Media Mama, How can I make my video get listed in top search results amidst hundreds or possibly thousands of similar videos on YouTube. newbie on line (Cleveland)
Hello Newbie, Getting top rankings on YouTube certainly involves a lot of work. Here are some smart ways to ensure that your video gets maximum visibility in YouTube. This will increase the chances of traffic to your website. Remember that YouTube likes fresh content, so stay current!
1. TAGS Think like your clients. What keywords would they use to find you? Use Google Keyword Tool to find the most popular tags. Check out your competition and the most popular videos on YouTube, what tags are they using?
2.TITLES Make sure that the Video Title is keyword-optimized.
Average Title: Honeymoon Destinations
Notice how the second title has the word “honeymoon” repeated twice
as well as including both Bora Bora and Tahiti.
3. DESCRIPTION First on the description should be your url address to your blog or website URL Just like this example http://www.themediamama.com/ This makes it easier for people to find you. Always check your links. Then use this space to describe your services. Think of this space as a mini blog and include links to your website and other links that may be helpful to your customers and future customers.
All the best, The Media Mama
P.S. Here’s a great example of well optimized video from Suburban Video. Notice the title. This is how their clients look up wedding videographers. And yes the word ”amazing” works in this case.
3 Responses to YouTube Tips: How To Choose The Right Keywords, Tags & Titles
- BrainStorm Tech 2011 Aspen, CO
- How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog Using Video
- Video Marketing: How One Arizona Florist is Using Video To Promote His Business and His Message: Buy Local!
- How To Add Video To Your Blog Without Being on Camera
- VooDoo Donuts Portland, Oregon
- There’s No Such Thing as OFF THE RECORD.